Friday, October 23, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty



Another first to report!! Tonight Grace had her face painted for the first time....and she chose a 'kitty cat'. I was so impressed that she liked it because I kept thinking she'd back out as soon as she sat down. Nana took us to Harvest Day at her church Mariners and it was incredible - a full blown carnival packed with games, rides, ponies, petting zoo, funnel cake and everything else you'd find at a local fair. A bunch of the ministry/therapy dogs were there to greet the kids and that was a definite highlight for Grace. She is such an animal lover. We are looking forward to Harvest Day at our church on Sunday.

Oh, and I had a nice encounter with a boa constrictor which is something you don't see everyday. We were watching a snake show and one of the snake charmer peeps asked me if I wanted to hold one. For someone who hates bugs, bees and spiders, for some reason I have no fear when it comes to the big snakes (the little ones still freak me out). So as Grace had a first, I had a second. My first boa-constrictor-holding experience happened about 6 years ago in Bangkok Thailand. I thought I'd post both pics here to show the difference..and similarity I suppose.


No comments: