Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Irvine Reg. Park with Pathways Mom's Group

Today we met our friends from church at the Irvine Regional Park. A few of us preschool moms formed a group a few months ago and we enjoy planning regular outings with our little kids. We also get together for the occasional mom's night out, which is always a nice break. We went to the zoo today, played with some animals, had a picnic lunch, and played a little "duck duck goose". Grace and I rode the train and took a pony ride afterwards since she doesn't generally nap until the late afternoon now. It was a perfect day to enjoy the park - sunny but not too hot.
Many of you know Grace has disliked the mall carousels for quite a while now. We think it might be because I took her on the Snow White ride at Disneyland (it's actually pretty scary!) when she was really young and traumatized her because she cried halfway through the ride. And although she will go on most kiddie rides now at Disneyland, she still does not like carousels....so you can imagine how I was shocked today when she asked for a horsey ride. Turns out she was lovin' it and was not scared at all. It was so cool to see her face beam while riding the pony and I hope she will enjoy riding horses with me when she gets older because I LOVE horses. Here are some snapshots:

Grace and Kiana brushing the goats

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Hi, I am "Dan" the pony.
Why am I wearing crocs mom?! Real riders wear cowgirl boots!

Train rides are fun because you just sit back, relax & enjoy the breeze

No comments: