Sunday, October 10, 2010

1 Week Old

Cami is 1 week old today...

I can't believe a whole week has already flown by. So far things have gone really well and I forgot how fun & easy a newborn is (except the lack of sleep of course!). She still sleeps so much during the day and is just starting to "wake up" more. The first few nights were hard because she was so hungry and my milk had not really come in so she was very fussy. Now that it has, she has been sleeping at night for longer stretches and I've supplemented with some formula which really helps because Cami is a BIG eater. She finishes eating and is practically ready for the next feeding which is more difficult to handle when you have a 2 year old who does not want to sit in the house all day while her mom feeds a baby. I was so anti-formula with Grace and this time around I'm much more relaxed about using a little here and there if it makes Cami, Grace, and I each a little happier and satisfied. Grace is very good with her sister. She is very kind and attentive towards her and loves to help me change diapers, etc. She has not acted out any more than normal (ie., when she hasn't napped well). She has also gotten a lot of 'extra' attention from her incredible grandparents which has helped her adjust. Both my parents and Mike's parents have been around every day to help us with anything and everything....another reason why this week has been so nice for us.

No comments: